|Solid Coal Block|
|Is Stackable||Yes (4)|
|Is Fluid Blocker||Yes|
Description (From Recipaedia)
A block of coal. If set on fire in the open, it will burn for a very long time. Good as a long lasting fuel in the furnace. You can craft it from a number of coal chunks, or split it back into them. Blocks of coal can sometimes be found underground inside of rich coal seams.
Combine 9 coal chunks to form 1 Solid Coal Block. They may also be found naturally in heavy coal veins.
The block may be later broken down to reclaim the chunks.
- Solid Coal Blocks are typically used as a decoration and are one of the darkest blocks in the game. They are nearly identical to Black Painted Basalt in the default textures. Remember they are flammable!
- Coal Blocks may be used in a furnace as a fuel. Their fuel value is only 600 and 9 pieces of coal have a total fuel value of 720. Using one in a furnace wastes 120 fuel values.
- They can be set afire in an open space and will burn forever.
- They only stack up to 4, so are not a very efficient means of storing coal at 36 chunks per stack. When you find one you should immediately break it down into chunks.
- Solid Coal Blocks may be found by digging up new graves.
- Solid Coal Blocks are good campfire makers. Remember not to set it on fire near flammable materials!