|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia )
Pumpkins are large orange vegetables that grow in groups of 5 to 10 plants. When collected, they can be eaten or crafted into Jack O'Lanterns.
Pumpkins are mainly used as a food source. They restore 2 hunger points.
They can also be crafted into Jack O' Lanterns.
They can be crafted into 3 Pumpkin Seeds, allowing you to farm them.
Seeds can be acquired when placing a fully grown pumpkin into any crafting interface. When these seeds are placed on soil, dirt or grass pumpkins will grow in stages as seen below. If the vines disappear from the block, this means that the pumpkin has stopped growing and will remain as an unripe pumpkin. You should pick it and dispose of it to replant another one. These can still be fed to the animals that will eat them but you cannot eat them. Pumpkins should be grown without saltpeter, since planting them will actually destroy the saltpeter. However, they mature better on soil rather than dirt.
You will need a large crop if you hope to survive on pumpkins. On average, 1/3 of planted pumpkins will NOT mature. Another 1/3 is needed to make seeds for the next crop. So, only about 1/3 of all your plants will be useful as food and those only restore very little hunger
- Pumpkins are mostly found in Jungle and Forest Biomes.
- Wild boar may often be found near pumpkin patches.
- They can be placed on Grass, Dirt or Soil.
- Early in the game, it is suggested that you harvest wild pumpkins and save some of them, as pumpkins can be very hard to find in other biomes that you might settle down on. Convert some pumpkins into seeds and plant the seeds on soil.
- You can use ripe or unripe to lure animals like Bears or Cassowaries into traps and such.