|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia)
An electric motion detector. The detector will produce a signal whenever motion is detected in front of its face, which can be anything from an animal to a thrown item, up to 8 blocks in all directions. When motion is detected, The output of the motion detector is between 0.8 and 15V, indicating how close to the detector the object is moving. It can be connected with wire on all sides for ease, and can be placed on any horizontal or vertical surface.
The sensor must be connected to an electric circuit. You can attach a wire to any side or the back (with a wire-through block). The rest of the circuit depends on what you wish the sensor to activate.
- It can be used for automatic door openers or to spring traps or turn lights on and/or off.
- Can be used as purely decorative item.
- The motion detector (sensor) is more sensitive directly in front of it. Below is a chart of the approximate output readings when attached to a wall at legs level.
(The pattern below shows the sensor's sensitivity as if looking at it from above or below.)
SENSOR PATTERN FOR MOTION DETECTOR SC 1.26 |7|6|5|4|3|2|1||0||1|2|3|4|5|6|7| |-|-|-|-|-|-|-||X||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|0 |-|-|-|-|-|D|F||F||F|D|-|-|-|-|-|1 |-|-|A|B|C|D|E||E||E|D|C|B|A|-|-|2 |-|9|A|B|C|C|D||D||D|C|C|B|A|9|-|3 |-|9|A|A|B|B|C||C||C|B|B|A|A|9|-|4 |-|8|9|9|A|A|B||B||B|A|A|9|9|8|-|5 |-|-|8|8|9|9|A||A||A|9|9|8|8|-|-|6 |-|-|-|-|8|9|9||9||9|9|8|-|-|-|-|7 |-|-|-|-|-|8|8||8||8|8|-|-|-|-|-|8 |-|-|-|-|-|-|-||-||-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
In the chart, the sensor is placed where the 'X' is. The '0' row - the number on the right - is the row even with the block the sensor is IN, not the one it is attached to.
- This sensor makes clicking sounds when activated, which may be a problem if you want it to activate a circuit secretly!
- You could walk right up to and past a sensor on the wall if you stay in the same row as it is (row '0').
- It senses up to 8 blocks straight out from the one it's in, at a width of 5 blocks for a minimum reading.
- The maximum sensing width is 13 blocks, at a distance of 3 to 5 blocks from the sensor
- Walls will prevent the sensor from 'seeing' you. Pressure plates and some other 'blocks' will not obstruct the sensor.
- With a more complicated circuit, it can determine the character's position rather than just their movement.
- The sensor does NOT register movement caused by a piston, even if the piston is moving the character.