|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia)
Ivy is a plant that grows and clings to vertical surfaces. It does not require much light to stay alive, just a humid and warm climate.
Ivy is used to craft string which is a useful crafting ingredient.
Ivy blocks rain. The game sees ivy as a block so rain/snow will not fall in that space. You can use this to line outdoor paths to keep you dry.
It is also useful as a decorative element and may be used in adventure maps to disguise passageways or other items. These pictures show it hanging over birch:
- Ivy only grows naturally in jungle biomes.
- It is easy to break without tools.
- If you want to get the most when harvesting ivy, break it from the bottom up. Any piece below the one you break will disappear.
- It is easy to propagate. Simply place it on any wall and it will quickly grow down the wall. After a time, it may also spread sideways.
- It can grow very long and will grow over doorways, fences, and just about anything else it is already above.
- It can make a very interesting decoration, for example a destroyed house which nature has noticed and has gotten to work on. It also looks like three green strings with leaves sticking out of it.
- Sometimes, in generated worlds, ivy can be free standing next to tree ivy, this is impossible to recreate and will break if anything is placed near it.
- Ivy is NOT climbable. You cannot stand on top of it.
- Ivy is added in the 1.24 update.
- Ivy can be found naturally on oak trees.
- It will not always grow beyond two blocks.