|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
The Iron Ladder is a metal version of the Wooden Ladder which is not flammable and can be used for strong, re-enforced buildings. It is also thinner than the wooden equivalent, and hangs off the wall instead of being on the wall.
Description (From Recipaedia)
Ladders are made from sticks or rods. They make it easy to climb and descend walls safely. It is safest to climb both up and down facing the wall. That means you have to approach the ladder backwards when entering the ladder from the top.
Crafting a ladder requires 7 rods. You get 2 ladder pieces.
1.28- Added Iron Ladder.
1.29- New sound effects. 
- Ladders may be used to break a fall. If you place a ladder at the bottom of a deep shaft, you can fall down the shaft and the ladder will catch you and you won't get any damage.
- Ladders can ONLY be placed on vertical surfaces.
- You can dismount a ladder by facing away from the ladder and jumping.
- They may be used as decorative elements.
- Placing them behind ivy will significantly hide them.
- The Iron Ladder is not flammable.
- Best for strong re-enforced buildings.
- Added in the 1.28 update.