Description (From Recipaedia )
A block of water which has frozen solid. Whenever water is exposed to low temperatures, it will turn into ice. Ice can in turn be melted back into water by using fire or magma as a heat source. It has a slippery surface that makes walking difficult.
- Ice will turn to water if broken.
- Water will only freeze on the top layer. It has to be exposed to the elements in order to freeze, so water underground does not freeze. But covered ice or even an exposed column of ice will not melt if the temperature stays cold enough.
- Flowing water will freeze into ice blocks. This lets you make multiple ice blocks from one water source block.
- You can only obtain or place ice in creative mode.
- To walk faster on ice, jump often. You can use this to get away from animals easier.