Description (From Recipaedia)
Transparent block made by smelting Sand in the furnace. Very useful for making windows and brightening up dark rooms. It is a very brittle material that will irrevocably shatter when hit by something hard, like a thrown spear or rock.
- They're used to make framed glass and window.
- They're also used to craft some electric devices like Lightbulbs, Photodiodes, Motion Detectors, LEDs, 4-LEDs and 7-Segment Displays.
- It will shatter if a block of sand or gravel falls on top of it.
- Glass can be broken when hit by any thrown item or by any projectile.
- Once glass is broken, you can't get it back.
- A new glass texture was added in 1.24.