|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
Description (From Recipaedia)
Gives experience when collected by a player
Experience orbs can be obtained in different ways.
- Killing animals: The amount of experience dropped depends by the animal killed.
- Mining ores: Any ore mined yields 2 experience orbs, diamond ore yields 4 experience orbs but only if mined with proper tools.
- Harvesting crops: There is a small change to get one experience orb when harvesting full-grown rye or cotton plants.
- Graveyards: There is a chance to get a random amount of experience orbs under graves.
- Creative: In creative gamemode experience orbs appears in the creative inventory, on items category. They can be thrown or dropped and gathered afterwards.
If you gather enough experience orbs, your character will advance to the next level. Levelling up your character increases some of your statistics like melee power, accuracy, resilience, movement speed, food depletion etc and allows to the player to use diamond tools, weapons, and armor.