|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia 2.0)
A thin wire made of copper, it conducts electricity very well. Used for making electric circuits. Wire can be placed on any surface and connections with all nearby wires will be created automatically. A wire will connect between edges of diagonally adjacent blocls. allowing you to make hidden connections.
Wire is crafted from one copper ingot. You get 16 wires.
- Beginning with V2.0 wires may be Colored. See colored wires for more information.
- Non-electric items that can connect to electric wires:
- Wires may be attached to blocks that are moved by pistons but they will pop when the piston is activated.
- Wires cannot be attached to slabs, stairs or any other more specialized blocks. However, in version 2.0, they can be attached on the full sides of slabs and stairs.
- You can only connect wires to fence gates when they are attached to a wall.
- Wires now lay straight on all blocks except clay, dirt/soil/grass, sand and gravel.
- You can sometimes lay wires on a glass block but it may pop when electrified.
- You can still open a wooden door, trapdoor or gate while they are connected to wires. The other doors and gates will not open by hand when they are connected to a wire.
This picture shows one way to have a 'hidden' connection.