Description (From Recipaedia )
Dirt is a very common block found near the surface in most environments. It can be easily dug even with bare hands, but is best dug with a shovel. When exposed to direct sunlight, grass and flowers will spread to it from nearby blocks, if present.
- Using a rake on it will transform dirt into a Soil block.
- In adventure mode, having a shovel is necessary to dig dirt blocks.
- Brown Rays can be found in this block under lakes and ponds. They can hide on these and may sting you if you touch them.
- Official Release: Added Dirt.
- 1.22: Dirt can be used for soil.