|Is Stackable||Yes (40)|
|Required Tool Level||4|
Description (From Recipaedia)
Diamond is a crystal of pure carbon. Very rare and beautiful, It can be found deep underground. It can be used for making extremely hard and durable tools. Being carbon, it can be burned as fuel in the furnace, but only fools waste this precious substance on such a mundane purpose.
Diamonds can be obtained a variety of ways:
- Mining: Diamonds are typically found 6-12 layers above bedrock, and each vein will contain 1-6 diamond ore blocks. You must have a copper pickaxe or better to mine.
- Killing Werewolves: Diamonds can be dropped upon the death of a werewolf. There is a 1/3 [33.333%] chance of acquiring diamonds in this manner.
- Diamond Blocks: Nine gems can be retrieved from one solid diamond block.
Diamonds have a number of uses:
- Diamonds can be used to strengthen iron armor, tools and weapons.
- Used in compass recipe.
- Used to make solid diamond blocks.
- They can be thrown for minimal damage.
- As of version 1.27, diamonds are no longer flammable and cannot be used as a fuel in the Furnace
- The chance of werewolves dropping a diamond may be less than the stated 1/3...