Yes, that's your character! You, the human player, control the character in the game. The character may also be abbreviated with 'PC' which means Player's Character. Computer controlled characters are called NPCs, for Non Player Character. This conforms with standard naming in all modern games.
When killed, the character will drop any and all items it holds and all clothing it is wearing except for boxer shorts, for modesty.
There are 8 players, 4 males and 4 females, all players have default names:
- Walter (the player before 2.1)
- Basil (the one that has brown beard)
- Geoffrey (the player kaalus uses in the most recent videos (starting from "Rot!"), the one that has no beard)
- Zachary (the African one)
- Doris (the player that has red hair)
- Mabel (the one that has black hair)
- Ada (the blonde one)
- Shirley (the African one)
The character appears on the shoreline when The Ship leaves you stranded and it tells you, "We're leaving you here for good."
The character can also fly in Creative Gamemode.