|Emitted Light Amount||15|
|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia)
The Campfire is easy to construct, provides heat, light, and keeps predators away. You can make it bigger by throwing combustible items on top, such as sticks, leaves, wood blocks, planks, etc.
Place four sticks in a 2x2 formation to craft. You get one campfire. It can be made in the handcrafting interface. A crafting table is not necessary.
- Drying the character.
- Keeping (some) predators away
- Lighting an area.
- You cannot cook on a campfire
- There are 15 levels to a campfire (plus 1 for the bed of ash it leaves). The campfire you craft is at level 3.
- Campfires will reduce by one level every 20 seconds (5 if it's raining or snowing).
- Any item that can be used as a fuel in the Furnace can be used to stoke the fire. You can drop fuel onto the fire or tap the fire while holding the fuel in your hand. Coal chunks are effective to stoke the fire.
- Explosive objects will explode in the fire.
- A fully stoked fire will last 5 minutes (when dry) so it will not last an entire SC night without attention.
- You cannot sleep in the open, even next to a campfire. If you build one in a shelter, it can keep you warm but will not last an entire night.
- Tap on the campfire while holding snowball, Snow or Ice to put it out. Throwing snowballs will not work.
- Stepping on a fire will hurt you and eventually cause you to catch on fire. Standing too close too one will overheat the character and may cause him to faint.
- Campfires will not work in harmless mode.
- It is usually possible to run around getting leaves fast enough to keep a fire going in a forest as long as it is not raining or snowing.