|Is Fluid Blocker||No|
Description (From Recipaedia)
The boat allows you to cross large areas of water safely and quickly.
It takes 5 planks to craft one boat.
- You can avoid sharks or piranhas damaging your boat or killing you. When they are near, simply dismount the boat (tap the horse icon). You will now be standing ON the boat instead of IN it. The animals will believe the boat is empty and that you are now on land. Wait until they clear the area and then mount the boat and continue on your way! <Thanks to mrshots, on the forum for this tip> As of version 1.26, animals may attack the block you are standing on, in this case The boat. However the boat is also stronger.
- It is a good idea to carry an extra boat. If you fall in the water with armor on, you can place the boat under you and it will lift you to the surface.
- Boats are the only means of transportation on water
- Boats were added in 1.22
- Boats are unique in block type as they are solid but can still be moved.
- Like magnets and creatures, the player can only place so many boats in the world and this message will appear.
- Boats can take damage like animals and the player. If damaged enough, the boat will begin to "leek" and will start to slow down a lot. Should the boat continue to receive damage, it will fail to move and slowly sink into the source of water, leaving the player wet and unprotected to the water predators.
- Beginning in V2.0 boats have 50% more strength.
- Beginning in V2.0 if you create a modified world and you set the sea level high,the character may spawn in a boat.